CARL LAMB’s LEGAL EXPERIENCE
Carl Lamb has been a practicing attorney in the Blooomington and Monroe County, Indiana areas since June 1st, 1984. During that time, Carl has practiced a general “civil” and “criminal” law practice.
CIVIL LAW EXPERIENCE
Carl has practiced in the civil law area for his entire career. His cases have included:
- All areas of civil litigation
- Business law cases
- All areas of Family Law, to include:
- Legal Separations
- All areas of parental disputes
- Juvenile cases
- Bankruptcy – Both Chapter “7” and “13” cases – U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Estate litigation
- Guardianship cases
- All areas of mortgage foreclosures and mortgage modifications
- Adoptions – both “by agreement” and “contested”
- And many more….
CRIMINAL LAW AND DEFENSE
Again, for Carl’s entire legal career, he has been involved in all areas of criminal defense. His cases have included:
- Operating while under the influence (OWI/DUI)
- Batteries – Misdemeanor and Felony
- All areas of “drinking” tickets and issues
- All misdemeanors
- All areas of Felonies – Carl has tried several Post-Conviction murder cases, as well as several criminal felony cases over the span of his practice
- Over the duration of Carl’s practice, he has represented and defended thousands of clients, who have been charged with a criminal offense
- Criminal Jury Trials – Carl has tried criminal jury trials in the following counties:
- Monroe County
- Vigo County
- Sullivan County
- Greene County
- Morgan County
- Brown County
- Clay County
- Tipton County
FEDERAL CIVIL TRIAL EXPERIENCE
Carl has practiced before the following Federal Courts in Indiana:
- Southern District of Indiana
- Indianapolis Division
- Terre Haute Division
- Richmond Division
- Evansville Division
- New Albany Division
- Northern District of Indiana
- South Bend Division
APPELLATE LAW PRACTICE
Over the past thirty-six (36) years, Carl has had numerous Appellate cases. Those cases have pertained to both civil and criminal appeals. A few cases have made and/or modified Indiana law at the time of their rulings. In addition, while Monroe County Attorney back in the 1980’s, Court was asked to submit an Amicus Curia (“Friend of the Court”) Brief in a very controversial zoning case at that time.
CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES – 2020
- Top Single Member LLC Mistakes to Avoid, Date: April, 2020
OUT-OF-STATE PRO HAC VICE APPEARANCES
Over Carl’s career, he has been admitted in a few States outside the State of Indiana on what is called a “pro hac vice” appearance. Carl has practiced on a limited basis in the following Courts:
- 5th Circuit Court of Appeals – Florida – Orlando, Florida (Oral Argument – criminal)
- Various Courts in the State of Florida – both civil and criminal, including a child custody case in Hillsborough County Court, Tampa, Florida – in which Carl was successful in the Court ruling to modify custody and return a young child to her Mother in Indiana
- Carl has been admitted on “pro hac vice” appearances before the following Courts:
- Florida (as noted above)
- 4th District Court of Appeals
- Riverside County
CARL LAMB INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – UNDERGRADUATE
Over twenty-five (25) years ago, Carl started the Carl Lamb and Associates Internship Program (Undergraduates), which has hosted over three (300) Indiana University students from all areas and disciplines, including: IU Business School, IU SPEA, IU History, IU Political Science and several other divisions.
Many of Carl’s former Interns are now practicing attorneys all over the United States. For further information visit Facebook and search Attorney Carl Lamb Internship Program.
HOPE FOR HOOSIERS – LEGAL – PRO BONO
Carl is in the early stages of development of the Hope for Hoosiers Foundation, Legal Division, Internship Program. This Program will consist (primarily) of Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington, Students. In light of the current COVID-19 situation, many local residents are without work, which is causing an extreme hardship on many Monroe County families. It is Carl’s goal, to help assist with some of our local citizens, who have legal questions and needs.
Based upon a person’s ability (or lack thereof) to afford legal services, Hope for Hoosiers Legal Assistance Program, will determine on a case-by-case basis the ability to provide members of the local community with some form of legal assistacne.
More information will be posted soon.
LOCAL HOME SCHOOL PROGRAM – MOCK JURY
Dating back to 2014, Carl has been instrumental in developing and hosting an annual Mock Trial Program for area middle school and high school “home schooled” students.
In addition to helping area students over the years, back in 2018, Carl hosted the first ever Marion County Mock Home School Jury Trial at the City County Building in downtown Indianapolis.
This program has been very beneficial to many young students, who during their home school sessions, don’t get opportunities to participate in events of this nature. Carl is very proud of his accomplishments in helping so many families and their children from Monroe, Greene, Lawrence, Morgan, Marion, and other surrounding counties.
PRO BONO (FOR FREE) LEGAL WORK
Carl has provided hundreds and hundreds of hours over the past thirty-six (36) years of his legal career on a “pro bono” basis to members of the local community, as well as other communities where he has practiced.
Carl believes with his currrent Hope for Hoosiers Legal Assistance Program, he will be able to help even more individuals in the COVID-19 era.